Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Imaging Source cameras (order placed)

Last winter I got frustrated of fiddling with my SPC900NC. I did not get good combination to camera settings. In many occasions, strong banding interference was visible on raw video. After stacking it was awful to watch.

After considering choices between Lumenera, Imaging Source and Point Grey, I decided to go on with Imaging Source. Model I chose was DMK31AU03. For planets I would have had enough field of view with model DMK21AU04, but DMK31AU03 offers slightly wider field of view for sun and moon (used with C8 OTA). I now start without separate RGB filters, to get familiar with camera and it's controls. Hopefully the camera and software proves itself worth of investment. The camera (plus UV/IR block filter) should arrive soon.

No comments: